Interesting Activities at The Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown MuseumThe Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum in Provincetown, Cape Cod is a brilliant piece of history located right along the southern harbor. Take a step back in time, learn more about the area's past and the stories of the pilgrims who landed here in 1620, and even sneak a bit of exercise in the process. Plan a day outside of the Harbor Hotel in Provincetown and explore the monument's historic appeal while attending fun events in the area.
- Partake in the Spring Celebration & Egg Hunt with your family
- Watch the Annual Lighting of the Pilgrim Monument in November
- Visit the Peregrine Theatre Ensemble for invigorating performances
What can guests do in or around the attraction?
- Climb the Pilgrim Monument to 350 feet above sea level. Enjoy a stunning view of Provincetown and the glistening waters.
- Visit the Provincetown Museum and learn the story of the Mayflower Pilgrims. Visitors can also walk through a sea captain's home parlor and sea quarters from the 19th century!
- Walk around the Julie Tremblay Gallery located across from town hall and browse through beautiful images of Cape Cod.
- Spend a day at the Provincetown Library and don't forget to see the scale model of the Rose Dorothea on the 2nd floor!
- Buy tickets to the monument's Chamber Music for the Outer Cape for seasonal concerts showcasing the best young talent.
- Window shop along Commercial Street, which isn't very far from the monument.