Fun Things to Do in Race Point Beach
For swimmers, light joggers, and lounging visitors, Race Point Beach in Provincetown is the perfect place to be. Known for its rougher waters and beautiful landscape, this beach makes an excellent escape for the whimsical traveler. Its northern location also makes it ideal for sunbathers, as the sun shines directly on the sand all day. The drive up to Race Point Beach is scenic in every aspect, and with it being so close to the Harbor Hotel in Provincetown, you can partake in all the fun events in and around the beach.
- Enjoy the Dolphin Fleet Whale Watch during our best season from Mid-April to October.
- Campfire Nights on Race Point are fun for young travelers who enjoy bonfires, music, and good food.
- Beach Conservation for the nature lovers organized by the Massachusetts Beach Buggy Association.
- Ride along the Province Lands Bike Trail nearby, and don't let the hills deter you from feeling the rush of the beach-y air.
- Hike through Beech Forest and spend an afternoon in Cape Cod's primary bird-watching region.
- Visit the Race Point Lighthouse, perfect for families and history enthusiasts. You can even stay overnight and enjoy the stunning views of the harbor.
- Tour the very beautiful, majestic sand dunes of the Atlantic Coast of Provincetown - a definite stop for some breathtaking photos!
- Go paddleboarding and kayaking at Provincetown Aquasports.
- Walk along the Old Harbor Life Saving Station and explore the Early Coast Guard sea rescue fleet and museum of rescue techniques, artifacts, and history.