Relaxing Things to Do at Herring Cove Beach
At the very tip of the Cape, just miles from Harbor Hotel in downtown Provincetown, Herring Cove Beach is an iconic part of the National Seashore. This gorgeous beach, with a spectacular view, is covered in sand dunes that arrange in photo-worthy formations! If you're feeling a little athletic after a morning of lounging on the beach, take your bike for a spin on the nearby bike path. The number of things you can do with your family at Herring Cove Beach is endless, and here are some ideas!
- Attend a Sunset Concert on the beach and listen to some of the best artists in Provincetown.
- Enjoy Beach Campfire Nights with your family for a day full of sandcastles, bonfires, and s'mores.
- Carnival Week in August is a great time to partake in the vibrant culture of Cape Cod Harbor.
- Wine and dine at Far Land on the Beach offers nightly food and drinks for people looking for a quiet evening with their loved ones.
- Simply lounge around in the sun and enjoy delicious snacks from nearby food trucks.
- Drive over to the Pilgrim Monument to catch a glimpse of the northern Atlantic shore and the rest of Provincetown.
- Bike your way through the Province Lands Bike Trail and visit Race Point Beach.
- Walk out to the MacMillan Wharf on a warm summer night and catch the locals fishing for squid.
- Visit Schooner Hindu and rent their beautiful day sails in Provincetown Harbor, available all summer long, and from Key West Marina all winter and spring.